[Foundation-l] Criteria for the closure of projects.

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 11:00:20 UTC 2008

Hoi,
When you establish objective criteria, the point of them is that they are
measurable. So when it is put to me if a project that conforms to the
criteria may be closed, then yes the project may be closed. There are
criteria why you would consider it. The problem is that at this moment there
is a faction that is disgusted with projects that are only wasting time and
effort and there is another faction that is disgusted because people have
the audacity to propose the closure for projects.

With criteria you have identified the projects that may be closed. This is
when the discussion starts. So the rule is projects with both less then 1000
articles and no localisation for 90% of the most relevant messages may be
closed. This means that the people who oppose closure have to provide good
arguments why a project should not be closed. Arguments that are not
nebulous but are measurable.  When the argument is people are working on the
localisation, you can observe this effort. When the argument is people are
writing articles, we can establish that it is not the effort of a bot and
indeed there are readable articles.

When after some discussion there is nothing to show why a project should
stay, when a reasonable time has passed in which it could show that it
merits a project after all, it can be closed. It can be closed to, like a
phoenix rise again first in the Incubator and then back as a project.

Thanks,
     GerardM