[Foundation-l] Criteria for the closure of projects.

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 12:51:42 UTC 2008

Generally, I agree with you about this issue, however, in some
particular points I do not:

- While your first point is a valid one, I don't think that a problem
with a script should lead to the closure of the project. I would
prefer an ultimatum here, too: If your script problem may not be
solved by computational methods, then you have 2h04m to allow writing
on your project in another script.

- I don't agree that not active projects should be closed if they
represents a valid language. AFAIK, even Swahili Wikipedia is not
quite active and this is a lingua franca of Sub-Saharan Africa. Maybe
such projects should be locked (because of not wasting stewards' time
with dealing with vandalism) with a clear notice (preferably in native
language) which states that "If you are a speaker of that language and
you are willing to contribute there, you should ask for unlocking
there."