[Foundation-l] Stream of consciousness story about license migration

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 15:15:00 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 4:16 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  I realized that whenever I asked for permissions (for texts), I didn't
>  >  ask for "1.2" nor for "any later".
>
>  If no version is stated, any version of GFDL is acceptable - it says
>  so in the license. As long as you don't specify "only version 1.2",
>  you're fine.

Good to know that. It is not a problem with permissions which I got
because I am asking people known to me, they usually don't know what
GFDL is, only described copyleft conditions matter; nobody will
personally say to me "you lied about the conditions". However, I
thought that it might be a problem with other permissions.