[Foundation-l] [Wikitech-l] Primary account for single userlogin

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 12:28:46 UTC 2008

+1

As far as Gerard's objection to numbers, I am ambivalent about this.
It is true that use of numbers to identify people has been negative
throughout history and is a form of commodification, but at the same
time we already do it, the practice is extensive in technology, even
if it is usually internal and not visible to the public.

Perhaps the most convincing counterargument is that ICQ is set up
around numbers used to identify users, and it was designed by... guess
who... Israeli programmers.

Mark