[Foundation-l] Projects without >FDL1.2 migration clause

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 16:41:48 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 6:23 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Wikipedia has made plenty of enemies over the years, some of them
>  fairly wealthy. I think there is a good chance of someone deciding to
>  cause trouble if they think they can win. It only takes one.

>  That's easier said than done. It would probably end up requiring the
>  deletion of any article they contributed to, unless someone's willing
>  to take the time to go through each article and just delete the parts
>  they specifically contributed to.

And let's imagine that someone is willing to pay to Ramman (I think
that I said the right name) and a number of other significant
contributors to sue Wikipedia and that a couple of them is willing to
take the offer. Number of articles only on English Wikipedia may be a
couple of hundreds of thousands.

They also may make a GFDL fork of Wikipedia. Maybe even not to really
build a free encyclopedia, but just to damage it while pretending that
they are really wanting to do so.

There are a couple of more really bad possibilities in that way, which
raises the question: Does anyone really think about the possibility
for really bad consequences?