[Foundation-l] [WikiFR-l] Projects without >FDL1.2 migration clause

Guillaume Paumier guillom.pom at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 15:52:27 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 7:51 AM, Benjamin Pineau <ben.pineau at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Per http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipédia:Licence_de_documentation_libre_GNU
>  (the page linked on every article's footers) :
>     « Vous trouverez ci-dessous le texte officiel (en anglais) de la licence de
>        documentation libre GNU (ou GFDL) version 1.2. Tous les textes
>  disponibles
>        sur Wikipédia sont distribués sous les termes de cette licence. »
>  Which means, very roughly :
>      " Here is the official text (in English) of the GNU Free
>  Documentation License
>        version 1.2. All texts available on Wikipédia are distributed under this
>        license".
>
>  So unfortunately, I guess we're strictly 1.2 (without "or later" clause).

I don't think so. Take a look at the history: this rather seems like a
bad wording coming from several edits by users who didn't know what
their wording was meaning legally.

In any case, the copyright notice at the bottom of every page clearly reads :
« Tous les textes sont disponibles sous les termes de la licence de
documentation libre GNU (GFDL). »
i.e. « All texts are available under the terms of the GNU Free
Documentation License (GFDL). » No version is specified.

Furthermore, http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Copyrightwarning
clearly states:
« En sauvegardant, vous placez votre contribution sous la GNU Free
Documentation License  »
i.e. « By saving this page, you release your contribution under the
GNU Free Documentation License ». Again, no version is specified.

I reworded http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipédia:Licence_de_documentation_libre_GNU
to avoid this ambiguous wording (and I suggest other fr: projects
check their wording of this page as well).

--
Guillaume Paumier
[[m:User:guillom]]