[Foundation-l] A PC instead of a VC

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 13:19:56 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Not every project will have a representative. This is just not feasible. It
follows that there is no direct connection between any one project and a
member of the PC. In a way this is exactly the same as it currently is for
the chosen members in the board of trustees or the stewards.

By not looking for power but by looking for influence there can imho be no
mistake that the members of a PC are not in a position to be responsible for
every little detail that happens in the projects. In my opinion the last
thing we should want is removing the liability from editors. In order to
take liability you have to build a structure of oversight, something that is
not possible and is not done on any of the projects that rely on input from
the general public.

What we can do is provide mechanisms to react once notice has been given
about issues. Then again I am sure, Danny having been had the "office
oversight" functionality, you are asking questions you know the answer for.

Thanks,
     GerardM