[Foundation-l] VC - alternative resolution

dex2000 sir48 at lite.dk
Sun Apr 6 13:28:17 UTC 2008

As a contributor for several years, I have followed discussions on
foundation-l with increasing scepticism. Mostly it seems to be a small group
discussing matters between themselves and not seeking any involvement from
the communities.

It is very difficult for me to see, why the board should approve to
establish a PVC as suggested. Setting up a VC without knowing which problems
it should address, and within which framework, and without involving the
communities at all seems quite out of the line. Why has the wish for such a
group not been presented to the communities on their village pumps, for
instance?

Instead, I would suggest to the board to encourage a much broader
investigation, forming different groups from different communities to
investigate and report on the tasks, which they feel a VC could take over.
Only after such broad activities can any conclusion be drawn about the need
for a VC and its "incorporation" in the formal structure of the foundation.
Such a major step should not be directed by a small group of
foundation-l-contributors that has already concluded the need for such a new
body.

What needs fixing should be determined after agreement on what the
communities consider broken.

Regard
Sir48 (da:wiki)

Checked by AVG Free Edition.