[Foundation-l] Creative Commons CC-BY-SA Draft Statement of Intent

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 07:51:42 UTC 2008

I have three comments related to us:

- I don't care for the name of a particular license. If CC is willing
to keep relaxed version of BY-SA, they should do that. However, "CC
Wiki license" (whatever it will be) should address our needs.
- I would really like to see that CC is working on our license with
FSF and/or Software Freedom Law Center. At least to consult them about
the conditions. Actually, I am interested to hear what do those two
organizations have to say about the new conditions.
- If we are willing to keep "... or any later version of the
license..." inside of our documents (are we?), I would like to see
much more active position of WMF in the process of making new versions
of the license. Let's say, our lawyer(s) (Mike or whoever) should
periodically inform us about new moments in licensing development and
what do other relevant institutions (FSF, SFLC, MIT, FSF Europe...)
think about them.