[Foundation-l] VC - alternative resolution

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 18:56:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 8:38 PM, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
>  We're getting ahead of ourselves with some of this.  Respect for the
>  autonomy of the projects needs to be an operating principle for a
>  Council.  Projects should not be given the impression that the Council
>  is there to make their tough decisions for them.  Whether Serbian
>  Wikibooks allows translations is entirely its own decision; nobody there
>  should expect the Council to rescue it from a bad decision on something
>  like that.

I'll take a look at the rest of the mail later. I gave wrong examples.
It is not possible to make a course based on translations from English
and German Wikiversity; because of different licenses. While projects
are compatible between themselves, there are no a functional problems
(like Wikinews, CC-BY 2.5 licensed). However, when one language
edition is licensed under one license and the other project edition is
licensed under another, we have a functional problem which is not
related only to one project, but to general community.