[Foundation-l] VC - alternative resolution

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 10:36:59 UTC 2008

Hoi,
When the will of the people is delegated, does that mean that the people has
also delegated its responsibility of the consequences of this will? When the
council has working groups are they to talk themselves to death or will they
be responsible for what they do and be responsible for the realisation of
their pearls of wisdom?

The big problem is not in talking, or airing views. The big problem is in
not taking the consequences of those views.

Betawiki and the language committee work because of people DOING things. All
the talk about going to do things is just a waste of time when there are no
resulting observable practical results. I like the proposal from Lodewijk
because it moves us away from only talk. When I hear only jabber jabber
community, will, power, committees I wonder what the deliverables will be.
What the use will be. Why we should trust you.

There is no problem abdicating power when the result is that the work gets
done more efficiently, more effectively. In a well run organisation the boss
is constrained in what he can effectively do while he has the power to do
anything. To me there is no paradox in wanting to give power away, it makes
sense because people who have power like Anthere, Sue, Brion, Jimmy do not
scale.
Thanks,
     GerardM