[Foundation-l] VC - alternative resolution

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 09:11:53 UTC 2008

Hoi,
In the existing proposal there is a need to describe what such a council be
like, what kind of mandate it has. From my perspective, I will only be
interested in such a council if it not only seeks power (not a good thing)
but also takes responsibilities (the reason why it might work). When the
council is only to jabber about what OTHERS have to do, I prefer the status
quo where everyone is allowed to jabber equally and do whatever without
having commitments.

The only and the first moment when the board HAS to state something is when
it deputises its power to this proposed council. I consider it irresponsible
to give a blank check to this group of well meaning people.
Thanks,
     GerardM