[Foundation-l] Top posters

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 15:27:17 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Chad <innocentkiller at gmail.com> wrote:
> After last month's top-posters list was released, I sent the following
>  e-mail to Michael and Adhair, our moderators of the list. I wasn't even
>  given a reply, so I thought asking this publicly might spark some
>  discussion as to why exactly this thread on "top posters" continues
>  to exist.

This was one of a great many e-mails I received suggesting that this
or that thread be killfiled, and to be frank, I ignored them all.  It
definitely wasn't personal.

As for posting post counts, I honestly don't consider it disruptive.
Personally, I kind of like it—seriously, guys, do you have to weigh in
on every thread?  I'm not saying your posts have negative value—in
fact, they're often insightful—but they'd count for a lot more if you
only posted when you had something really good to say.

Austin