[Foundation-l] Provisional Volunteer Council - proposal sent tothe Board

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 11:57:37 UTC 2008

> On 03/04/2008, Philippe Beaudette <philippebeaudette at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  I'm okay with that too.  What I don't want is a resolution creating a
> >  volunteer council before we know what the heck it is, how to get on it,
> or
> >  how to blow it out of existence if it becomes a hindrance.
>

> That last consideration being of *vital* importance.

Thank you for saying that. I was most seriously considering underlining
the point, but it comes much better when you say it. That is indeed the
only serious thing that needs to be specified. Even legal rights given out
over the Board of Trustees pale in comparison with the need of establishing
a way of getting rid of the organ (council or by any other name) if it does not
catch its mouse...