[Foundation-l] Provisional Volunteer Council - proposal sent to theBoard

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 07:59:14 UTC 2008

FloNight wrote:

Hello Sydney

> Viable options for now.
>
> *Have a board resolution to form a Wording Group to do a Feasibility
> Study for a Volunteer Council. The Working Group is tasked with
> presenting the alternatives to the Board. At a later date the Board
> will pass a resolution if a Volunteer Council is selected.
>
> or
>
> *Have the the board discuss this internally with the staff and make a
> decision about whether a Volunteer Council is a good idea. Might or
> might not include a firm decision on the structure of the Volunteer
> Council. If the decision is made to form a VC, some forms of the
> Council might be excluded (for legal or other reasons) prior to
> forming a Provincial Council that is tasked with getting the Volunteer
> Council started. This may or may not be completed at this Board
> Meeting.

As I already indicated in the email about the board meeting program,
there is indeed a day dedicated to discuss such issues. I am not quite
sure what will really come out of this day, in particular in the light
of the potential legal consequences (which will need to be addressed
before taking any final decision), but what I hope will come out of it
is a clear and agreed upon (by board) list of "what needs to be fixed".

In short, first step is to find out the problems (IF there are problems)
and second to figure out how to fix them. It may be entirely that the
creation of a VC (as unique action point) is sufficient to fix what
needs to be fixed. But more likely, several problems will need several
different actions.

Ant