[Foundation-l] Allow new wikis in extinct languages?

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 04:56:57 UTC 2008

Hoi,
With respect, but "some of the ideas" is a bit ambiguous. When you TEACH a
subject / a language you do not teach it in that language. When you write a
dictionary for a foreign language, ie a translation dictionary you need the
definitions in the language you do understand. Wikiquote do you want the
quotes or the annotations in that language? Really I do not find much that
gives me arguments why we want to consider these things. When you consider a
request like Wikiversity in Limburgian ... I think it a bit much... The only
exception for dead languages that may make sense is Wikisource, dead as in
no modern vocabulary.

When we discussed objective criteria, the only criteria for constructed
languages I heard was"NO".
Thanks,
      GerardM