[Foundation-l] A question for the Wikimania jury

Mark Ryan ultrablue at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 01:42:38 UTC 2008

I have no problem with the decision of the jury to award Wikimania to
Buenos Ares. I just hope that people don't make the ridiculous
assumption that South America is close to Australia and NZ, when in
fact they are pretty much on opposite sides of the globe.

One question that I haven't seen answered relating to the jury process
(and I might have missed it) is why was there such a long delay
between the scheduled time for announcement of the winner, and the
actual announcement?

~Mark Ryan