[Foundation-l] Provisional Volunteer Council - proposal sent to the Board

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 13:12:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Dan Rosenthal <swatjester at gmail.com> wrote:
> I disagree, I think that this council (the provisional one) should be
>  larger, regardless of whether the final council's size is adjusted or
>  not.

I'm under the impression, mistaken as it may be, that the role of this
council is small. we're going to be looking to set things like the
size and composition of the final council. We are going to determine
the specifics of how a council should operate, set up the first
"elections" or whatever for members, and then we are done.

Having this preliminary council be much larger is just going to add
complexity to the whole process. The faster we answer the relevant
problems, the faster we can install a true representative council. I'm
highly interested in project diversity, and I'm also highly
sympathetic to Gerard M's goals of language diversity as well. If
these things can be satisified in a reasonable way, we all win. If
not, maybe it will not be worthwhile for us to create a wikicouncil in
the first place.

--Andrew Whitworth