[Foundation-l] Building an academic network for Wikimedia

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 07:26:27 UTC 2008

One quick suggestion of a thing you could to to make it less efford in
the long run, and make more people able to do it besides you, is to
make very thorough documentation.

Try to write it down in a lesson program, so that you don't have to
invent the wheel over and over again. Just make a X lesson program,
starting with an introduction to Wikipedia etc, which helps them
getting the basics on Wikipedia. Then you could write an explanation
how they should do their project, where they can get help if things
don't work, what to watch with respect to copyright etc, so that you
do not have to explain everything yourself.

Maybe that could motivate other Wikimedians to help you out, and also
take care of giving an introduction to one group, and guiding them a
little. Because after all, that is the strength of Wikimedia. A lot of
people do a little bit of work. You should not have to write a whole
encyclopedia (or run such a whole series of projects) all by yourself.

This way it is also more easily translatable to other languages, so
that they can use it as well.

Best regards,

Lodewijk