[Foundation-l] YouTube Non-profit Program (Wiinews)

Jason Safoutin jason.safoutin at wikinewsie.org
Sun Sep 30 18:57:09 UTC 2007

We at Wikinews would like board members to quickly give their response
to a new YouTube project for non-profits.

Broadcast Your Cause <http://youtube.com/nonprofits>

Our Wikinews Video project
<http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Video_2.0> would benefit highly
from something like this. And the good part is it will cost the
foundation or Wikinews nothing, and the first 300 agencies to sign up
get a free video camera.

What else is included?
Your Nonprofit channel (aka Wikinews) includes:

    * Premium branding capabilities and increased uploading capacity
    * Rotation of your videos in the "Promoted Videos" areas throughout
      the site
    * The option to drive fundraising through a Google Checkout "Donate"
      button

I guess I am asking, do we need permission to sign up?

Jason Safoutin