[Foundation-l] [FR 07] Fundraiser 2007-ResponsivenessofCommunity

Titoxd@Wikimedia titoxd.wikimedia at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 03:47:06 UTC 2007

Hi, David,

Well, I created the original banner as an SVG in Inkscape, but I couldn't
get the text to render with the SVG parser that MediaWiki uses. However, you
can see my patchwork here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Undelete/Image:Wikimedia_Fundraiser_200
7.svg

The banner including the Wikipedia logo was created only as a PNG, as I
couldn't even get the original SVG to work. However, as a general principle,
I used the globe image below:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wikipedia-logo.png

Then, using GIMP, I auto-cropped the puzzle logo, and resized it to 1/8th
the original height. Finally, I applied a white-to-alpha transparency pass,
and then increased brightness to 127 in the image twice. Finally, I pasted
it at about the same height as the Wikimedia logo, just so the piece with
the "W" would be clearly prominent. If you can make an SVG to work, can you
upload it to Commons?

Titoxd.