[Foundation-l] [Internal-l] Relocation Announcement

Domas Mituzas midom.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 15:58:43 UTC 2007

Hi!!!

> Without a scalable architecture and a geographical deplacement, the
> quality of service will become low.

Few days ago I was enjoying silence in #wikimedia-tech and mumbled to
myself, that nobody has brought up this topic for half a year. And
here it is!
Anyway, the topic has been covered at wikitech-l and foundation-l
many times:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.org.wikimedia.foundation/13129
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.technical/
30027

At least everyone around seems to be scalable architecture guru, and
knows how to maintain quality of service.
We gonna need that, cause top10 (9!) website load is small compared
to top1, and we're heading there ;-)

--
Domas Mituzas -- http://dammit.lt/ -- [[user:midom]]