[Foundation-l] Relocation announcement

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Sep 22 18:29:39 UTC 2007

On 9/22/07, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Anthony wrote:
> > Wikia is in the San Francisco area.  Any chance they'd be willing to
> > donate some office space to Wikipedia?
>
> Even if they had, we should not accept it (and I doubt they would
> propose).

Why wouldn't they propose?  Wikia wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for
the success of Wikipedia [sic].  A donation of some office space is
the least they could do.

> We have gone through great efforts to fully separate from them
> and we now have no more financial/legal/technical relationships. Only
> love relationships, which is just fine.

Well, there still a lot of person-overlap, between the board, the
advisory board, employees, arb com, etc.  And there's still the whole
interwiki linking mess.  And now, they're gonna be in the same
metropolitan area (which surely will help with the whole
people-overlap part).

At least this "relationship" would be to the benefit of the WMF.