[Foundation-l] Relocation announcement

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 14:20:12 UTC 2007

> In making this decision, we assessed five major cities: Boston, London,
> New York, San Francisco and Washington, DC - as well as St. Petersburg
> itself. The upshot: after a fairly detailed analysis, I recommended to
> the board that the Foundation relocate to San Francisco, and the board
> accepted that recommendation.

As a Brit, I'm pleased to see London was considered. Why was it the
only non-US city considered, though? I'm also curious as to why you
considered San Francisco better than London - to my knowledge, London
is a far more international city that San Francisco, which I would
think was a major consideration is choosing a base for the WMF.