[Foundation-l] [FR 07] Fundraiser 2007-ResponsivenessofCommunity

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Thu Sep 20 22:54:18 UTC 2007

Dan Rosenthal wrote:

>Uh....what? No. Everyone and their dog has heard of Wikipedia. Stop.
>End Sentence. Significantly fewer people have heard of the WMF and
>the sister projects. This is evidenced by the significantly lower
>contribution rates on them. Ask  people on the street if they know
>what wikibooks or wikiversity are.

Eh?

I'm talking about the linked to banner and the fact that it won't garner
attention because it uses the WMF logo instead of the Wikipedia one.

My point, which seems to be at several thousand feet above sea level, was
that we can use *both* logos on a banner for fundraising.  You catch the
"just because it is Wikipedia" donors, but also make a small step towards
educating them that we have other projects. To use marketing terms, WMF is a
brand which we must promote awareness of.

Brian.