[Foundation-l] Release of squid log data

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 18:43:45 UTC 2007

> Um, in the case of Wikipedia you're factually incorrect. The hard
> stalking work of Judd Bagley of overstock.com is a counterexample.
> Stalking on a corporate budget no less!

When did investigation and fact based criticism become synonymous with
stalking?  I missed that memo.

Or is it only stalking when it's someone "we" dislike investigating
someone "we" like, and protected free speech the other way around?
(like the extensive research that some of the "anti-stalkers" put into
Daniel Brandt these last few years)

I'm not saying that I agree with the allegations, but to call it
stalking when someone investigates something which they reasonably
believe to be misconduct just seems wrong to me.

It's possible for perfect reasonable people to believe completely
stupid things. We see it all the time.  We should respond to their
concerns with respect, and dispassionate facts.  If they are
reasonable the disagreement will be easily resolved, and if they are
unreasonable their continued aggression towards a reasonable and
respectful response will discredit them in ways that no amount of
censorship could ever hope to achieve.