[Foundation-l] [FR 07] Fundraiser 2007 -Responsiveness ofCommunity

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 16:54:02 UTC 2007

On 9/19/07, Tim 'avatar' Bartel <wikipedia at computerkultur.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Titoxd at Wikimedia schrieb, am 19.09.2007 09:58:
> > I'm pretty sure that they'll make something more subtle if requested...
> >
> > By the way, I've thrown my hat into the mix and made an image for the
> > fundraiser. I've uploaded it to Commons:
> >
> > http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wikimedia_Fundraiser_2007.png
> >
> > (I'm using this email to release any copyright I may have and granting it to
> > the Foundation as well.) Hopefully you guys will like it. :)
>
> I don't want to be the bad guy but this logo does not match our visual
> identity guidelines [1] and so it shouldn't be used at all.

As a clarification: It specifiically violates the sentence "Note that
no derivative of the Wikimedia logo can be published without prior
approval from the Foundation." Anyway, isn't this why we have a
Community logo (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wikimedia_Community_Logo.svg)
which can be used without approval and without following the
Foundation Logo guidelines?

Michael