[Foundation-l] UvA what they need in log data from the Wikimedia Foundation

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 21:53:14 UTC 2007

On 9/15/07, GerardM <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> It is the distribution in time of geographical needs that is critical. When
> a particular article becomes relevant in a certain area, you want to address
> the flood of requests by distributing the article to the peers that are
> close to where the demand is. In this peering system, a node may have an
> article but it is not necessary to have all articles.

It would perhaps be more interesting to have this discussion with
someone who understands Internet scale networking.

I strongly expect the data I proposed would match their needs, if you
passed that on to them.

If they are actually insisting that they would rater have some kind of
physical geographic data rather than network topological data for the
purposes of the design of a decenteralized content distribution
framework, ... then, in the absence of additional information, I would
be left questioning their competence.