[Foundation-l] Release of squid log data

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Sat Sep 15 01:20:33 UTC 2007

Brock Weller wrote:
> No comment on your other points, but id hardly consider a university
> conducting research under a nda 'public' disclosure at all, to the
> point where i don't think this even breaks the privacy policy,
> although whether or not to do it should be a community decision.

Even if it's not a violation of the privacy policy per se, IMO the
privacy policy should still be updated to reflect this use of the data
if it's something we agree is a legitimate use of it and are going to be
doing on a semi-regular basis. We already list a few things the data is
used for, so can just add another one to the list.

-Mark