[Foundation-l] Board size

Jon Harald Søby jhsoby at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 21:05:15 UTC 2007

If Erik was the one proposing an expansion, I would be a bit surprised
if he wanted it to be with appointment instead of with elections
(which is how I read your mail; I may have misinterpeted), unless he
has changed his stance on appointments.

I believe your analysis on the implications of an imminent board
expansion is quite correct. It is not long ago since the board was
expanded last time (compared with how long it had the same size
earlier), and to ensure the stability of the board it will be better
to wait with an expansion until Frieda and the new appointee are fully
integrated.

Whether the expansion should be done by appointment or elections I
have no strong feeling about. I think I would prefer an election
expansion, but them we are running the risk of not getting enough
expertise on board. Perhaps we could choose the middle path, and add
one member by election and one by appointment.

Jon Harald Søby
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jon_Harald_S%C3%B8by