[Foundation-l] To -l or not to -l?

Sean Whitton sean at silentflame.com
Wed Sep 12 20:03:11 UTC 2007

Hey all,

Some time ago it was posted onto this list that the Wikimedia mailing
lists had been moved onto lists.wikimedia.org and, if I recall
correctly, we were told that we should stop using -l on the end (of
new lists) as this distinction didn't make sense anymore. When I
created the ComProj mailing list, I just requested comproj@

However, I am noticing that a lot of new lists are being created with
-l. Yes, it is tempting, it is very much in my head to... but is there
a consensus of which way to go? It seems to me that we should do one
thing or the other. Or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Sean