[Foundation-l] use of wikipedia's globe on non wikimedia's wikis?

Ayelie ayelie.at.large at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 22:42:54 UTC 2007

On 9/11/07, Pedro Sanchez <pdsanchez at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just ran into
> http://www.mips.pd2h.net/index.php/Mipsicismo
> whose logo is a derivative work of wikipedia's.
>
> I bet that's not appoved by foundation. What is to be done now? is
> this the right channel to notify?

http://www.wikiality.com/Main_Page

That's been up for quite a while, is very popular, and Jimbo was on his show
several times and Colbert mentioned the site. I presume various wikipedians
- probably including Jimbo - have visited there.... whether or not the issue
of their logo being a derivative of ours has been brought up or not I don't
know.

--
Ayelie
  ~Editor at Large