[Foundation-l] Let's switch to CC-BY-SA

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 18:14:11 UTC 2007

> Still I don't see how to warp either the term or the definition of
> "title page" to have it include the history page.

The title page is the page with the title on it. If we consider the
title to be the permanent url for the revision in question (which we
need to if it's going to count as changing each edit) then the title
page *is* the history page.

If the publisher is the WMF (which I think it is), then the line at
the top of every page saying "From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia"
is a statement of the publisher. It doesn't use the word "publisher",
but I think "From" is close enough, and it says "Wikipedia" not
"Wikimedia" but that can be dismissed as an alias (or trading name, or
whatever you want to call it). Most people don't know the distinction
between Wikipedia and WMF, so Wikipedia is, in common usage, at least,
an alias for Wikimedia.