[Foundation-l] [Fwd: Sardininan - Sassarese languages orlanguage and dialect?]

Debbie Garside debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk
Tue Sep 11 15:18:17 UTC 2007

I have already said that it is not down to ISO to classify.  I do not think
that everything within Ethnologue is a language and likewise I do not think
that everything that is not in Ethnologue is not a language.  I think you
will find that SIL and the ISO 639-3 RA are of the same mind.  I think the
argument "what is a language?" is a lengthy one :-)

Best

Debbie

  _____