[Foundation-l] Let's switch to CC-BY-SA

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Tue Sep 11 15:02:02 UTC 2007

On 9/11/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hiding the five primary authors on "the history page" rather than
> > prominently declaring them next to the title is not, in my opinion, de
> > minimis.
>
> Considering the difficulty in identifying the primary authors, I
> disagree. Who the primary authors of a Wikipedia page are is highly
> subjective.

For some articles it may be the case that you could argue "look, this
person isn't a primary author and wouldn't show up on the title page
anyway, therefore s/he has no standing to sue", and you might get away
with it.  Then again, if that author was one of the first five authors
that bit of defense goes quickly out the window.