[Foundation-l] [Fwd: Sardininan - Sassarese languages orlanguage and dialect?]

Debbie Garside debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk
Tue Sep 11 12:45:36 UTC 2007

I never said that ISO or Ethnologue was perfect! :-)  Indeed, the field of
linguistics is such that within Standardization we just have to make a
decision - doesn't mean it is right!  Sometimes the decision is based on an
application need.  As with Klingon :-) Standardization and Linguistics are
both nightmare fields and not exact sciences - hence the problems we are
witnessing.

Best regards

Debbie