[Foundation-l] Sassarese and Sardinian

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 07:54:42 UTC 2007

Hoi,
FYI "Standard Italian, adopted by the state after the unification of Italy,
is based on Tuscan dialect and is somewhat intermediate between
Italo-Dalmatian languages of the South and Northern Italian dialects of the
North." This is what the English wikipedia has to say about it. This
indicates clearly that Italian was constructed at the time.
Thanks,
    GerardM