[Foundation-l] Let's switch to CC-BY-SA

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 01:23:23 UTC 2007

On 10/09/2007, Axel Boldt <axelboldt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Just as legal as the opt-out copyright infringement of the Internet
> Archive, which to my knowledge has never been sued.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_archive#Automatically_entered_contracts

They for the most part rely on good will to avoid being sued. I would
rather not strech what good will we have further than absolutely
required.

>In any event, I
> don't think it's important to follow legal rules just for the sake of
> formality;

We don't. We follow them to have a shot at createing free content.

> the only thing that matters is whether your actions are
> ethical and how likely it is that you can be successfully sued over
> them.

In this case I would go for near certian.

--
geni