[Foundation-l] Fwd: Fwd: [foundation-l] Bot policy on bots operating interwiki

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 19:48:32 UTC 2007

2007/9/8, Casey Brown <cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com>:
> On 9/7/07, White Cat <wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Bugzilla has lots and lots of bugs waiting dev attention. A bug fix may not
> > necessarily happen in a "timely" fashion.
> It is a common misconception that you have to be a full-time
> deverloper to comment or fix bugs on bugzilla.  Bugzilla isn't waiting
> for 'dev attention', it's waiting for *your* attention.

This assumes that it is possible for me to correct a bug in a software
system I know nothing about written in a computer language I cannot
speak (though might be able to read) developed on a system I do not
have write access to. And you're right - it would be possible.
However, the amount of work it entails is enough to let me be a
'full-time developer' by the time I have done so. And my schedule is
already overfull as things are.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels