[Foundation-l] Fwd: [foundation-l] Bot policy on bots operating interwiki

Tuvic tuvic.tuvic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 19:55:19 UTC 2007

Indeed, that's right. Just remember that interwiki-bots just spread
the bad link, they don't make it: it are human users who make the bad
link.

It happened to me on several occasions: I had just spend 20 minutes to
untangle an web of interwiki-linked articles, and some user just puts
a bad link back, because he/she thinks that the link should be there.
Very annoying, and not always revertable: after all, I'm just an
interwiki-bot-operator, while it's their home wiki most of the time.

So, not all problems would be avoided when having a general bot policy.

Greetings, Tuvic