[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Wikipedia-l] Wiki Spot project

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 18:56:13 UTC 2007

fwd'ed from wikipedia-l. I can vouch for the Davis Wiki -- it really is an
amazing local resource, and is a nice example of people using a wiki for
sharing information. They have very different principles from our projects
(reviews are ok, NOR is not a relevant concept) but they ended up with a
friendly, community-oriented, very detailed encyclopedic resource of
information about a small town, that is deeply rooted in the town's existing
culture. If anyone is interesting in starting a wiki for your own town, I'd
encourage checking out Philip's new venture, which I think has a lot of
promise for building online communities around physical places.

-- phoebe