[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation Mailing List

Eysteinn Gudni Gudnason steinninn at steinninn.is
Mon Sep 3 18:38:16 UTC 2007

I'm not sure how to reply here. I'm doing it the hard way. Anyway...
Yes, on a normal wiki there are a few steps of privileges, IP, user,
sysop and bureaucrat. On Betawiki there is an added Translator
privileges. It's the same as a user, except they can also edit the
MediaWiki namespace. It has been very easy to get these privileges
and users have only had to ask for them. It would also be possible to
simply allow all logged in users to be able to edit the MediaWiki
namespace, but personally, I like the current system used on Betawiki
and it's simple enough to add it into Incubator. I was kind of hoping
that the discussion would continue at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/
Meta:Betawiki_being_hosted_by_Wikimedia Would that be OK? I don't
think many non-foundation-users are joining in on this discussion here.