[Foundation-l] foundation-l Digest, Vol 43, Issue 131

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 29 13:07:18 UTC 2007

>I think that this "content approach" miss another aspect of the wikis.
>The main point I think of, while telling about the wiki potential for education, is for>pupils themselves to be able to edit them, which is absent here.

The way to attract more children is to attract the adults who deal with children (parents, teachers, etc). The way to attract the parents is to provide a safe environment for children. If the wikijunior website is open to the possibility of vandalism, even if that possibility is remote, then parents wont allow their children to visit the site. Wikijunior.org should become read-only for just this reason, and the wikibooks.org site should be open to edit like it is now. I think that's a decent compromise that will help to bring up readership.

--Andrew Whitworth