[Foundation-l] [WikiIT-l] Foundaring e PayPal non funzionante

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Thu Oct 25 13:36:03 UTC 2007

> On 25/10/2007, Marco Chiesa <chiesa.marco at gmail.com> wrote:
> > For foundation-l: forwarding from the Italian mailing list
> > Edoardo Marascalchi ha scritto:
>
> > > Da donation.wikimedia.org non mi funziona il pagamento con paypal.
> > > mi rimanda ad una pagina di errore (oltre al fatto chenon si capisce
> > > come loggarsi pernon apparire anonimi)..
>
> > Translation: "The link to PayPal from donate.wikimedia.org is not
> > working, it redirects to an error page. Furthermore, it's not clear how
> > to log on in order not to be listed as anonymous donors)"
> > I tested it myself and it gives the same error message.
>

> Using Internet Explorer 6? There's a known bug, apparently
> IE-unfriendly HTML on the PayPal side. I believe a workaround is in
> progress.

There were two bugs, one with the PayPal localization (possibly a
problem on PayPal's side, now fixed by removing the form element in
question), and one with the IE6 rendering of donate.wikimedia.org (not
fixed yet, but wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising will work).
--
Toward Peace, Love & Progress:
Erik