[Foundation-l] Reuse of video

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Thu Oct 25 10:29:21 UTC 2007

I've just been pointed to a nice case of reuse of Wikinews content.

http://www.newschannel5.tv/Category/Education/Detail?articleId=1146983841
<http://www.newschannel5.tv/Category/Education/Detail?articleId=1146983841&f
eedId=1006> &feedId=1006

They credit us, and they give a link to our full story.

I have emailed them a thank you note, and taken the opportunity to highlight
that our fundraiser is running. What I don't know in terms of information to
pass onto them is a press contact address, but the key thing for a TV
station is can we let them reuse Jimmy's fundraising video? If we can get
that on TV - even if only in Texas - then we'll do a lot better.

Brian.