[Foundation-l] Priorities

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 15:51:36 UTC 2007

On 10/24/07, Yann Forget <yann at forget-me.net> wrote:
> I think that Jon is quite right here. For example, for many languages,
> because of lack of resources, there are no teacher on a subject, no good
> books (or no book at all), so people have to use another language,
> usually English, as a medium. So the vocabulary on that subject is not
> used and not taught.
>
> That's how a language progessively disappears.

So our mission is to now pay teachers and teach people to speak dying
languages to preserve them?

:-/

I'm imagining people playing by the seaside. They've built a beautiful
sand-castle. Later the tide begins to come in and wash their work
away.

Some people are suggesting to the local volunteer art gallery that
they boil the oceans to prevent the loss of the seaside art.

After all, the gallery's mission is to help the public enjoy art...