[Foundation-l] Priorities

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Tue Oct 23 21:06:16 UTC 2007

On 10/23/07, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Anthony wrote:
> > At the same time, though, the English language Wikipedia is by far the
> > most successful project.
>
> Yes, but... it depends of how you measure success really. We use a very
> simple metrics, which is number of visitors. Or number of articles. But
> is it really how we should measure success in the future ?

I don't think it's particularly important to measure success, but I'd
measure it in terms of fulfilling the mission statement - to "empower
and engage people around the world to collect and develop educational
content under a free license or in the public domain, and to
disseminate it effectively and globally".  I'd say by that measurement
the English language Wikipedia is by far the most successful, and I
really don't think it's disputable.

What reasonable measurement of success do think my statement wouldn't apply for?