[Foundation-l] Priorities

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 20:23:51 UTC 2007

Hoi,
No. It does not need it.

Success is relative. The English language Wikipedia will not aid the
survival of the English language. Consider that the Bangla Wikipedia is the
biggest on-line resource in the Bangla. Bangla will also not be saved by
Wikipedia. But for other languages Wikipedia makes a REAL difference. When
there is a proper localisation for MediaWiki, it can be used outside of the
WMF as well.

No, the English language Wikipedia may bring in most of the funding even
most of the readers but it does not make the same difference as several
projects in other languages do.

Thanks,
    GerardM