[Foundation-l] Fundraising banner ad

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Oct 23 15:31:01 UTC 2007

Waerth wrote:
> So the foundation is serious about it. That is very cool with me. About
> the jobs .... I wouldn't qualify
> for any of them, also although moving to San Francisco sounds fine with
> me (home is everywhere on
> the planet for me) I currently lack the resources to pull that off, I
> had trouble paying for the hopital bill
> this week for the little person that got born, he and a certain lady
> friend of mine need me here now.
> Although according to my lady friend she could take care of everything
> alone.

The state of medical insurance in the United States would not be very
helpful to you. :-)
Congratulations for joining the fatherhood fraternity; it can be a very
rewarding experience.
> About writing grants voluntarily. I volunteered once 2 or 3 years ago,
> to help Danny. It never got of
> the ground. The holy fire I once had for the foundation and its issues
> has kinda been put out in the last
> year and a half it is just a fire. But I cannot sit up for nights
> anymore, I do not buy books anymore to
> help spread knowledge by writing articles, I stopped writing altogether,
> I just make some corrections every
> now and then that I see mistakes, I simply lost the passion.

Thank you for the honest appraisal of your circumstances.  I know from
following these mailing lists that you have had some serious
confrontations in the past, and it is to your credit that some of the
behaviour that you have encountered has not redirected your activities
into hostile ones as has been the case with some others.
> I understand this is a lousy apologetic letter from my side and that you
> are disappointed that people only speak
> from the sideline. I will make up for it in the future.

When it comes to sniping from the sidelines, I wonder how much the ones
doing the sniping are contributing.  Nobody is under any obligation to
donate, but once they have made that choice, they should just shut up
about honest efforts by others to fund the projects.

Ec