[Foundation-l] YouPorn in Germany: Another ugly legal case

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Oct 22 17:44:37 UTC 2007

On 10/22/07, Mathias Schindler <mathias.schindler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Youporn had the specific problem of providing hardcore pornography
> available to people without age verification. This is a problem we are
> actually not faced with

Of course not. The risk here is of a slippery slope. If this goes
through, ThePirateBay.org is next - and then _every_ website will be a
potential target under German law, whether it targets a German
speaking audience or not. There's a potential for things to get really
ugly for German Internet users.

--
Toward Peace, Love & Progress:
Erik